Blue Stream Academy’s Red Cross Ukraine Fundraiser - 17th April 2022
Following the devasting news of conflict in Ukraine, the Blue Stream Academy (BSA) team wanted to help in any way that they could. The team decided to fundraise for the British Red Cross’ Ukraine appeal, with the British Red Cross’ work supporting affected individuals with food, water, first aid, medicines, warm clothes, and shelter. So far, the Red Cross teams have reached more than 2.1 million people with essential aid, accounting for 2.3 million kilograms of aid distributed.
Team BSA got straight to work, organising an auction and raffle fundraising evening, with The Lion Hotel in Belper providing a complementary function room to host the event. With the venue confirmed, Team BSA gathered over 50 raffle and auction prizes, with the businesses and individuals below kindly donating their products and services.
The evening soon came around, accompanied by a bustling room of friends, family and locals, aiming to raise as much money as possible for the cause. Following the evening, Shelley McCart, CEO at Blue Stream Academy, went a step further, donating three designer handbags to raffle off and raise further funds. The raffle was live for four weeks after the event, and upon closure three lucky winners walked away with one Gucci and two Mulberry handbags.
After eight weeks of fundraising, Blue Stream Academy are pleased to announce a donation total of £3,512 towards the appeal.
A huge thank you to the businesses and individuals below for supporting the event, and making the fundraising possible:
- 2014 Steiff Bear - Donated by Forget Me Not.
- 2 Derby Cricket Club T20 tickets - Donated by Derby Cricket Foundation.
- 2 Vorso Professional Spinning Tops - Donated by Vorso.
- Tandem Paramotoring Experience for 1 – Donated by Damien Wigley.
- Full photoshoot with award winning LJH photography & Studio - Donated by Leigh Hempsil.
- Pair of Samsung Galaxy Pods+ Wireless Headphones - Donated by James Donaldson-Cass.
- Gucci Leather Laptop Case - Donated by Shelley McCart.
- New Gucci Marmont GG Leather Purse in Hibiscus Red Leather - Donated by Shelley McCart.
- Signed Manchester City Shirt With Pep Guardiola’s Signature - Donated by Gareth Ropinski.
- Signed Derby County Shirt First team and Wayne Rooney's signatures. Framing Donating by Hall of Frames - Donated by Emily Mackrell.
- £100 Hickory’s Smokehouse Voucher - Donated by Hickory’s Smokehouse.
- £100 Lion Hotel Belper Food Voucher - Donated by The Lion Hotel, 24 Bridge St, Belper DE56 1AX.
- £50 CALM Gift Voucher - Donated by CALM, 1 Castleward Court, Derby DE1 2JY.
- £30 The Derby Runner Gift Voucher - Donated by The Derby Runner, 7 Sandringham Dr, Spondon, Derby DE21 7QL.
- £30 Voucher towards a Bespoke Mirror or Backsplash from Ripley Glass - Donated by Ripley Glass, 3 Park Rd, Ripley DE5 3EF.
- £20 Belle La Vie Gift Voucher - Donated by Belle La Vie, 23 King St, Belper DE56 1PW.
- £20 Rebecca Alice Boutique Gift Voucher - Donated by Rebecca Alice, Belper.
- £20 Nags Head Gift Voucher - Donated by The Nags Head, Main Road, Hulland Ward, Ashbourne DE6 3EF.
- £10 Fleur Florist Gift Voucher - Donated by Fleur Florist, 14 King St, Belper DE56 1PS.
- £10 Coldeaton Ice Cream Gift Voucher - Donated by Coldeaton Ice Cream, Windmill Ln, Ashbourne DE6 1RY
- Mini photoshoot with award winning LJH photography & Studio - Donated by Leigh Hempsil.
- Sunday lunch for 2 at The Queens Head, Little Eaton - Donated by The Queens Head.
- Afternoon tea for 2 at The Little Kitchen, Little Eaton - Donated by The Little Kitchen
- 1 bottle of wine and 2 Sunday cobs at The Tavern, Belper - Donated by The Tavern.
- Pie Night Special Tiger Inn Turnditch Gift Voucher - Donated by The Tiger Inn, Turnditch.
- White Peak Distillery tour for 2 - Donated by the White Peak Distillery.
- Tee-time for 2 at Horsley Lodge - Donated by Horsley Lodge.
- 2 Tickets for the Great British Car Journey Donated by The Great British Car Journey.
- 2 Alton Towers tickets - Donated by Shelley McCart.
- The Full Denby Pottery Experience Gift Voucher - Donated by Denby Pottery.
- 2 x Children’s Tickets for Peak Wildlife Park - Donated by Peak Wildlife Park.
- Contour Beauty Brow Lamination for 2 Gift Voucher - A treat for you and your friend a brow lamination for you both!
- Amazon Echo Dot (2 Available) - Donated by James Donaldson-Cass.
- 24 cans and 4 glasses from Shiny Brewery - Donated by Shiny Brewery.
- A mounted print from JaneyB Photography - Donated by JaneyB Photography.
- Project Hiking socks - Donated by Project.
- Peakdale Outdoor Hiking Torches - Donated by Peakdale Outdoor.
- Selection of No.7, Soap and Glory and Teeth Whitening Items - Donated by Kate Davis.
- M & S Spiced Sugarplum Gin Liqueur - Donated by Natalie Poyner.
- Siesta Sangria - Donated by Dawn Haynes.
- Wild Turkey 101 Bourbon Whiskey - Donated by Stef Haynes.
Belper Shoebox Appeal – 10th December 2021
Blue Stream Academy participated in the Belper Shoebox Appeal in 2021, preparing and delivering over 40 personalised presents to a care home within our local community.
The reactions from a visit from Santa created smiles all around, it’s safe to say that this will be an annual tradition for #TeamBSA!
To find out more information about Belper Shoebox Appeal, click the link; https://www.facebook.com/Belperchristmasshoeboxappeal/
Children in Need – 19th November 2021.
#TeamBSA hosted a Children in Need 2021 bake sale, selling a range of delicious cakes and hosting a ‘Pin the Polka Dot on the Pudsey’ game, raising over £70 to support the Children in Need charity. To find out more about Children in Need, click here; https://www.bbcchildreninneed.co.uk/
Macmillan Coffee Morning – 24th September 2021.
The team at Blue Stream HQ have been busy baking for the annual office Macmillan Coffee Morning. Lots of yummy cakes were produced, and we are delighted to announce that over £100 was raised for Macmillan Cancer Support!
To find out more about Macmillan Cancer Support and the work they do, click here; https://macmillan.org.uk
Jeans for Genes - 15th September 2021.
#TeamBSA were proud to support Jeans for Genes by embracing the denim and raising money for the millions of people in the UK living with life-altering genetic conditions.
The team raised £139.14 for the campaign which focuses on raising awareness of the daily challenges faced by those living with a genetic disorder. Funds raised by the charity contribute to projects throughout the UK, such as funding summer fun for young carers, as well as providing specialist nursing care, making a difference to the lives of those affected.
To find out more, visit; https://www.jeansforgenes.org/
Skydive for Bluebell Woods Children’s Hospice 2019
On Sunday 8th September 2019, 6 members of the Blue Stream team will be buckling up for a 15,000ft skydive to raise money for an exceptional local charity - Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice.
Based in North Ashton - Yorkshire, Bluebell Wood offers support to over 300 families caring for children and young adults between 0 – 25 years old, all with life limiting conditions. The hospice has 8 bedrooms for children & young adults, family accommodation and two ‘end-of-life’ suites known as Primose and Forget-me-not. Alongside this the hospice provides support for individuals across South Yorkshire, North Derbyshire, North Nottinghamshire and North Lincolnshire.
Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice relies on nearly £4.5 million to operate each year, with only 8.9% of this coming from government funding. For this reason, Blue Stream Academy are aiming to raise a minimum of £1000 to help this exceptional cause.
Our Skydiving Six, also known as Natalie, Brady, Emily, Lewis, John and Courteney, will be raising money in the run up to September to reach this goal.
To keep up to date with our fundraising for this events, visit: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Team/BlueStreamAcademy
The MoonWalk Scotland 2018
On Saturday 9th June 2018 13 members of Team BSA participated in the the MoonWalk Scotland 2018 and raised £4,470.55 for the Walk-the-Walk grant, with all 13 of our participants completing the challenge of 13 miles between 11PM and 4AM.
The Belper Games 2018
On Saturday 21st July 2018 12 members of Team BSA fundraised for an event raised in the memory of Penny Wheeler, who sadly passed away through Systemic Scleroderma and Pulmonary Fibrosis. Again, the team got stuck in with plenty of fundraising, and collectively raised £657.32 for The Scleroderma Society, the Pulmonary Fibrosis Trust and Ataxia UK.